Tuesday, 26 May 2009
I just love this set, it's so versatile, & this one was for another friend of Teya's Birthday, (invited to 5 in 1 month!).
Colours are Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose & Whisper White with a little Chocolate DS paper & Grosgrain Ribbon. I stamped the cupcake straight onto the card front & the icing stamp was inked up in Close to Cocoa ink then kissed with the party blower stamp inked in Chocolate Chip & stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White CS I then cut it out & stuck it down with Dimensionals, the little flower is also cut out. The scalloped square is done with the scallop edge punch.
Monday, 25 May 2009
I got my Cuttlebug out for Teya's best friends 8th Birthday card. Lots of Soft Subtle colours as well as dazzling Diamonds & a double scalloped edge. Lots happening on this one because I had so many ideas & inspiration, I could have made 3 cards as it progressed but ended up using the lot on one!
Sunday, 24 May 2009
Saturday, 16 May 2009
I designed this card for my SSC make-n-take.
Together Forever stamp set,
Close To Cocoa, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla Cardstock,
Chocolate Chip DS paper, Very Vanilla Envelopes.
Chocolate Chip & Baja Breeze ink,
Baja Breeze Stitched Ribbon.
Neutral Brads, Paper Snips, Dimensionals & Snail Adhesive,
Paper Piercer & Mat Pack.
1. Stamp the “together forever" greeting in Chocolate Chip ink in the bottom right hand side of the Close to Cocoa cardfront.
2. Attach Baja Breeze Stitched ribbon around & adhere ends to the back of the DS paper then adhere this to the top of the card with Snail Adhesive, you may choose to use sticky strip on the ribbon but I just used Snail Adhesive carefully applying it to the ribbon so as to not pull it out of shape.
3. Stamp the frame in Chocolate Chip ink on the Very Vanilla piece that measures 5.5cm, now place your 1 3/8 circle mask on top of this & stamp the Flower image inked in Baja Breeze.
4. Stamp the flower again in Baja Breeze on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla & cut it out, insert a brad using a paper piercer & adhere with a Dimensional on top of the flower you masked.
5. Layer this onto the Chocolate Chip piece that measures 6.5cm & again onto the Baja Breeze piece that measures 7cm & adhere to the card front with Dimensionals.
6. Stamp the Envelope as Desired so it co-ordinates with your card.
Monday, 11 May 2009
The request was Silver & White, but I needed to use a little colour & Kiwi Kiss was my immediate choice, I made 3 samples & funny it was this one, being the first one I made that was chosen, I'm really happy with them.
Fifth Ave Floral & Cheer & Wishes stamp sets,
Basic Grey CS & Ink, Kiwi Kiss Ink, Whisper White CS, Vellum CS
Versamark, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Eyelets & cord (retired)
Heat tool, Embossing buddy, Powder Pals, Cropadile, Paper Snips, Snail Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Blender Pen & Sponge Daubers.
Here's a pic of the other 2 designs;
Finally I got around to trying this Double Slider card, it was fun to make & seeing it in action was such a delight, (when you pull on the ribbon both the top & bottom of the Cameo CS's are revealed) clever chicky who thought of this slider mechanism -genious!
I wanted to use Rasberry Tart papers but ended up just using CS in those colours & Flower Fancy Stamp set.
Friday, 8 May 2009
I made this card for a fellow Demonstrator to say Thankyou! she is extremely talented & inspires me no-end! so it had to be good, I love the Colours, the layout & the embellishments. I hope she likes it too? It's been sealed & stamped ready to send for some time now!
Dreams du Jour stamp set, Baja Breeze CS & Ink, Chocolate Chip CS & Ink, Very Vanilla CS, Chocolate Double Stitched Ribbon, Baja Button Bouquet, Flower Fusion Too.
Crimper, Eyelet Border Punch, Paper Snips, Paper Trimmer, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots & Dimensionals.
I ran the Baja Breeze CS through the crimper both horizontally & vertically. I used a very thin strip of Chocolate Chip CS for threading through the button & tying the knot, you will need to breakdown the fibres in the CS to make it pliable (similar way you do curling ribbon through scissors) & use the edge of a table instead of scissors.
A Rose is a Rose & Weathered Background stamps, C6 White envelope, Crimper, Eyelet Border Punch, Pink Pirouette CS, Ink & Striped Ribbon, Mellow Moss CS & Ink & White Taffeta Ribbon.
Simple to make, although this one was my first attempt & I'm not real happy with the design so I will have to have another go, but in the meantime I wanted to share this idea with you, so here's the link to SCS tutorial Enjoy making one!